Samantha Washington is a presenter on Sky News. Prior to working at Sky, Samantha was a business presenter at the BBC, working on BBC Breakfast and BBC News. She was the regular host of Your Money, a personal finance show on BBC News. She has also presented on BBC Radio 4 and 5 Live.
She started her journalism career as a producer on the multiple award winning Radio 4 programme Money Box, but quickly progressed to reporter and correspondent, and picked up a File on 4 award for investigative journalism in the process.
Before becoming a journalist, Samantha worked in the City, first as a management consultant for Oliver Wyman and later at Barclays Capital.
She studied Politics, Philosophy and Economics (PPE) at Oxford University.
Samantha will be hosting Scaleup week sessions:
- The “Funding the Future: unlocking capital to power the growth we need” session on 18 May at 10:00am.
- The “Enriching the community: how scaleups are a force for local renewal” session on the 18 May at 2:00pm.
- The “Navigating the journey to net zero: how growing businesses will play their part” session on 18 May at 4:00pm.
- “Finding a purpose and embedding a culture: lessons for leaders and teams” session on 19 May at 1:00pm.
- “Unlocking ingenuity: how to create fertile conditions for innovation” session on 19 May at 3:00pm.